City of Delta Junction Public Works Maintenance 2022
- Basic maintenance, service, and repair: plumbing, heating, mechanical, carpentry, sheetrock, custodial, and other tasks.
- Perform routine building maintenance/repair: electrical wiring and switches, replace faucets and plumbing fixtures, remove ice and snow from sidewalks, repair furniture, replace lightbulbs, paint interior and exterior of facilities, shampoo carpet, strip/wax linoleum, install smoke detectors, screen door, Venetian blinds, and Christmas lights, wash windows, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain safe environment, i.e. storage space in Community Center garage and Public Works.
- Operate and service City equipment: Skidsteer, backhoe, lawnmowers, string trimmer, brush hog, chainsaw, vacuum cleaners, etc. Perform lawn maintenance in areas that are not covered by contractor, i.e. outside of ballfields, lawns at City Hall, Community Center, and Library.
- Drain/winterize pavilion restrooms and kitchen facilities in early fall, restore in spring.
- Replace street signs as necessary. Coordinate with professionals to replace streetlights and bulbs.
- Periodically inspect City Park and facilities: Empty garbage cans, replace liners, pick up scattered trash, remove fallen trees and shrubs, repair worn or damaged parts at outhouses, playground, and pavilion, repair park gates and locks.
- Periodically inspect Liewer-Olmstead Ice Arena, outdoor rink/court, and skate shack.
- Conduct monthly water samples according to schedule of City facilities.
- Maintain integrity of Rest Haven Cemetery. Prepare graves. Assist in burials. Add topsoil to sunken graves. Plant grass seed as needed. Mark corners of graves when requested.
Wages: Grade 5, Step 4 – $19.23 per hour, depending on experience. Annual step and COLA increases per Employee Policy Plan.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week between Monday and Saturday, 8:00-5:00pm (flexible) with half hour lunch break. Hours susceptible to seasonal, operational, special events, nights, weekends, or other overtime, which is paid at time and a half.
Benefits: Retirement, health insurance, paid holidays, accrued leave.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have two years of experience working in one or more areas listed under responsibilities
- Must be knowledgeable about basic maintenance and use of hand and power tools
- Must keep a schedule, self-start, stay on task, follow directions, communicate with City staff, work independently without supervision, not require specific directions
- Must have safe work habits, full physical mobility, ability to lift and move heavy objects, and shovel snow
- Must dress for job and wear proper safety equipment, i.e. safety glasses, long pants, boots
The City will provide $250 annually toward Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must carry a valid Alaska driver’s license and a cell phone
- Must have or apply for a Class A Commercial Driver License within six months from date of hire
- Must comply with the City of Delta Junction drug screen policy
Application form available at City Hall (2288 Deborah Street, 8:00-5:00, M-F) or on the City website (https://deltajunction.us/employment/). Turn in application at City Hall.
Please leave an application on file at City Hall if you are searching for employment.