City of Delta Junction Landfill
Mile 257.2 Richardson Highway
Public Dump Hours:
11:00 am to 5:00 pm ~ Tuesday and Friday
9:00 am to 3:00 pm ~ Saturday (March 1 / October 31)
11:00 am to 3:00 pm ~ Saturday (November 1 / February 29)
8¢ per pound, $5.00 minimum ($160.00 per ton)
- A $10 Unsecured Load Fee will be charged to all customers who deliver garbage to the landfill that is not covered. Additionally, customers violating AS 46.06.080(b), transporting unsecured garbage, are subject to a $1,000 fine.
- A $25 fee will be charged to dispose of refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners that have not been inspected and tagged. Doors must be removed.
- Any and all burn barrel containers must be declared at the scale house and physically inspected by landfill personnel. Ashes must be cold.
- There is no charge to deliver aluminum cans to the recycle bin during business hours.
- The landfill will be closed when temperatures are -30° or colder.
Contact City Hall (895-4656) M-F, 8:00-5:00 or the Scale House (895-1807) during dump hours
Accepted forms of payment = Cash, credit/debit, or check